PLANNING YOUR FUNDRAISEROne of the most important things to remember when organising a fundraising event is to make sure you allow yourself enough time to pull it all together! Here are a few helpful hints to assist you with your planning:
- Choose your fundraising idea/activity and talk to friends/family about it to see whether they too think it’s a plausible fundraising idea/strategy.
- Allow plenty of time to organise the fundraiser and remember to counter in your own life’s schedule (work, family, other commitments, etc)
- Try not to be a hero and do it all on your own. If you are conducting an event make sure you get together a reliable team of people to assist you on your mission.
- Remember that the whole point of a fundraiser is to make more profit than your expenses. Try and keep your costs to a minimum and definitely don’t be afraid to ask your community for sponsorships/donations for what you need to make the fundraiser successful.
- Write a checklist of everything that you need to conduct your fundraiser and tick them all off as you go
- Promoting your fundraiser will be crucial to its success! Approach local newspapers, city council, community centres, schools, etc and try and gain their support in helping you promote it in print and online.
- Have a brainstorming meeting with your fundraising team and ensure that everything has been thought of and nothing forgotten (eg. if you are hosting a family fun day, have you thought of whether you will need security, first aid attendants, safety officer, etc).
- Do your best to encourage all your helpers and make them feel appreciated for volunteering their time and resources.
- But most of all….have fun!!!!
IMPORTANT GUIDELINESThere are several very important guidelines that must be adhered to when conducting a fundraiser for the benefit of Peace of Mind Foundation.
- Every person/group/organisation who wishes to run a fundraising event/activity in aid of Peace of Mind Foundation MUST firstly lodge a written application (This can be downloaded from our website) Please provide as much detail as possible about your fundraising event/activity, so that we have a full understanding.
- You must not start your fundraiser until you have received written notification directly from Peace of Mind Foundation that your application has been approved. If we for any reason/circumstances believe that the fundraiser will not be profitable for Peace of Mind Foundation; or could have the potential to be detrimental to our reputation, or put yourself of others at risk, we reserve the right to reject an application.
- It is important to note that the fundraiser is NOT a Peace of Mind Foundation fundraising event. The individual/group/organisation conducting the fundraiser MUST ensure that it is promoted and portrayed as solely a fundraiser in which the profits will be donated to Peace of Mind Foundation.
- It is not the responsibility of Peace of Mind Foundation to help in organising, promoting or conducting the fundraiser. Nevertheless if an appropriate amount of time is given we may be able to supply you with some promotional materials, and where possible, and if needed, a Peace of Mind Foundation representative could attend your event.
- Should you wish to use Peace of Mind Foundation’s name and/or logo in any of your advertising material (printed or online) then you will firstly need to gain our written approval. We would require to see a draft copy of your promotional material prior to you printing it/or posting it online.
- If the event attracts media attention, we would request that you consult us first so that we can give you suggestions of what to say and appropriate wording that best reflects our organisation and purposes.
- Should you require tax deductible receipt books please inform us at least 2 weeks prior to the event. Please ask us if you require more information on when a receipt can be issued and who can receive one.
- All financial information (expenses and money raised) must be given to us no later than 3 weeks after your fundraiser date. Please include all expenses receipting, tax deductible receipts and make sure your financial statement is clear and legible.
Should you require any further information in regards to our guidelines, policies, fundraising ideas, etc please do not hesitate to contact us.